What Happened To Blogging?
A New Post
Blogging is hard.
There’s a big switch that a brain needs to do in order to go from ramming code into a project at full speed to carefully crafting an internet post that potentially people might want to read, and some days the effort required to make that switch exceeds the available energy.
Such is (at least one of) the reason(s) why more graphics driver-y people don’t blog more, since it’s taxing enough for me to try and get posts out and I mostly just post memes.
But this time is definitely going to be a return to the normalcy that is posting more than once per week. The key is just to start posting and keep doing it.
So what’s been going on since the last post?
Since Our Last Correspondence…
- Some number of patches landed
- zink is now conformant for the enhanced layouts tests in CTS (KHR-GL46.enhanced_layouts*)
- Mesa 21.0 is going out (has already gone out? I’m bad at time) with GL 4.1 enabled in zink
- enjoy crashes and GPU hangs in style with a driver that nobody else is using!
- Definitely other stuff that’s good and useful but isn’t in the scope of this post
Easing Back In
Tomorrow’s post is going to be back to the usual. In fact, I’m going to be posting about some tc-related stuff, and now that I’ve said it, I can’t back out.